We’ve all seen the headlines: “RIP Metaverse.” “RIP Metaverse, We Hardley Knew Ye.” While some teams are pivoting direction or prioritizing different initiatives, there are many organizations (especially in retail) that are embracing the new era of the internet as well as all the technologies that support it.
We believe there is so much to learn and apply from these organizations, and that is why we’re partnering with D2 to bring you a one-day co-located conference all about Web3, generative AI and metaverse experiences — D2 Summit: Retail Edition — at the Retail Innovation Conference & Expo.
About D2 x RICE
D2 x RICE is committed to providing education on the ever-evolving world of Web3 for the retail sector. The importance of digital identity and self-expression presents unique opportunities specifically for fashion and beauty players, but we are seeing movement in other categories, such as apparel and specialty, too.
We are focused on helping business leaders and marketers stay connected and up to date on the latest trends and innovations in this area of the internet, which is filled with confusing (and sometimes conflicting) information. Understanding the changing nature of community-building, engagement, and even storytelling is the first step toward realizing the shortcomings of Web2 strategies.
This one-of-a-kind program will take place on Tuesday, June 13 and is included with a #RICE23 All-Access Pass (get yours here 😉). The team has been hard at work building out an agenda that showcases new ways of connecting, co-creating and fostering customer loyalty, and we’re so excited to share a sneak peek of what you can expect!
A Sneak Preview of the D2 Summit: Retail Edition Agenda
- #RICE23 Metaverse and Next-Gen Fashion & Retail Chair Cathy Hackl will lead a fashion-driven panel about retail’s next decade, so you know the discussion will be brimming with thought-provoking insights.
- Sidi Drissi, Brand President at bareMinerals & BUXOM, and AJ Dalal, Senior Managing Director, Data & Metaverse Strategy at Publicis Sapient will discuss how to stay true to a brand’s DNA while testing new and innovative Web3 experiences.
- David Morris, Experiential Consultant at NYCAP3D and David Lehmann, Digital Director at Coach, will reveal how the brand is enabling new stories and new experiences by converging tech, media and retail.
- A tale of two Web3 approaches moderated by Matias Marquez, Co-Founder & CEO of ethos and featuring Shahab Shirmohammadi, Marketing Strategist at Liquid Death and Ivan Dashkov, Head of Web3 at PUMA. Explore how a category disruptor and a heritage brand align (and differentiate) in their strategies.
- An exciting panel discussion on collectibles and community to remagine loyalty, moderated by Chris Miller, Co-Founder & Chief Revenue Officer at Flaunt featuring Geoff Alexander, CEO of Wow Bao and Jordan Walbesser, Director of Legal, Business & Affairs at Mattel.
- Steven Moy, CEO of Barbarian and Claudine Patel, CMO at Sanofi Consumer Healthcare will share how to use Web3 insights to design ecommerce engagement in the ommniverse.
And more to be revealed soon!
As you can see, there will be an amazing representation of brand leaders from a mix of categories sharing their Web3 experiences and you will definitly want to be there to participate in the conversation. And as a reminder, the D2 Summit: Retail Edition is included with a #RICE23 All-Access Pass so be sure to register by May 18 to save $500!