Amazon’s Go stores — and its newer grocery stores — have garnered a lot of consumer, retailer and media attention; and it may have been a perfect storm for Amazon to begin selling its “Just Walk Out” technology to other retailers in March 2020. Is buying the technology from Amazon the way to go? Take a deep dive into the potential of “Just Walk Out” touchless technology, along with other future digital store paradigms.
- Retail has leapt 5 years into the future with COVID, and stores need to evolve;
- Integrating digital/mobile technology within the store will soon be table stakes;
- Competitors from Walmart to Amazon to Target are doing more to tightly link digital & in-store;
- Touchless checkout, digital boards, dedicated lockers, curbside pick-up and intelligent digital in-store experiences are all in play; and
- We will explore a range of paradigms and discuss the implications of each.