COVID-19 has demonstrated the importance of digital readiness, which allows business and life to continue as usual – as much as possible – during pandemics. Building the necessary infrastructure to support a digitized world and stay current in the latest technology will be essential in recovery as well as in the re-imagined future of how we live, work, and learn. What are the best practices for digital transformation that will enable retailers to innovate their operations, and how will their customers be impacted?
Join us for a discussion around the top technology trends as we emerge from the year of 2020, including:
- Hyper-Convenience: We’ve seen the rise of hyper-convenience in e-Commerce as consumers needed access, fulfillment, and delivery all from the safety of their homes. Some retailers thrived in this arena, those who were already well prepared digitally. Others had to adapt with varying degrees of success.
- Hyper-Experiential: As we face the future, the experiential will again arise as a fervent consumer expectation. What will that look like in the near term (distanced experiential), and how will that evolve even further in the longer term.
Attendees will receive key takeaways and actionable advice including:
- Strategies for approaching key challenges and barriers retailers will face as the future of retail continues to evolve;
- Best practices for navigating digital transformation, as retailers look to innovate their operations; and
- How to meet changing consumer expectations, to continue customer retention and loyalty.